Over 2,400 people are waiting on a first appointments at Roscommon Hospital and 1,500 people are waiting for Inpatient/Day Procedures at the Hospital according to the latest monthly figures from the National Treatment Purchase fund.
A breakdown of the Inpatient/Day figures for Roscommon Hospital shows that:
– 1,330 People are waiting on “Plastic Surgery” procedures, and over 60% are waiting over six months
– 143 are waiting for Vascular Surgery and almost 74% are waiting over six months
– 16 are waiting on Urology procedures
– 49 are waiting on General Surgery
A breakdown of the Consultant Appointment Waiting lists for Roscommon Hospital shows that:
– 712 are waiting for to see an Ear Nose and Throat Consultant and 40% are waiting over 12 months
– 379 General Medicine and almost 80% are waiting over six months
– 380 General Surgery
– 256 Plastic Surgery, and over 90% are waiting over six months
– 259 Orthopaedics
– 149 Urology
– 236 Vascular Surgery
– 74 Endocrinology
Looking at the hospitals in the Region, which many Roscommon patients are referred to, Galway University Hospital has Inpatient/Day Case waiting lists of 11,413 – the longest in the country. Portiuncula Hospital, Ballinasloe has the least number of people waiting for treatment with 163.
Between Galway University, Portiuncula, Mayo General and Sligo General Hospital almost 52,000 people are on Outpatient Waiting Lists.