Over 2,580 people are waiting on a consultant appointments at Roscommon Hospital and 2,140 people are waiting for Inpatient/Day Procedures at the Hospital according to the latest monthly figures from the National Treatment Purchase fund.
The outpatient figure has dropped slightly since December while the Inpatient/Day Procedures rose from 2,007 in the same period.
A breakdown of the Inpatient/Day figures for Roscommon Hospital shows that:
– 1,933 People are waiting on “Plastic Surgery” procedures, and over 55% are waiting over six months.
– 122 are waiting for Vascular Surgery and over 26% are waiting over six months.
– 12 are waiting on Urology procedures.
– 72 are waiting on General Surgery.
A breakdown of the Consultant Appointment Waiting lists for Roscommon Hospital shows that:
– 827 are waiting for to see an Ear Nose and Throat Consultant and 75% are waiting over six months.
– 368 General Medicine and almost 14% are waiting over six months.
– 359 General Surgery.
– 266 Plastic Surgery, and almost 31% are waiting over six months.
– 265 Orthopaedics.
– 129 Urology.
– 331 Vascular Surgery.
– 36 Endocrinology.
Overall, there are over 4,700 people on waiting lists at Roscommon Hospital, compared to just under 4,000 last June.
Looking at the hospitals in the Region, which many Roscommon patients are referred to, Galway University Hospital has Inpatient/Day Case waiting lists of 11,604 – the longest in the country. Portiuncula Hospital, Ballinasloe has the least number of people waiting for treatment with 182.
Between Galway University, Portiuncula, Mayo General and Sligo General Hospital over 56,000 people are on Outpatient Waiting Lists.