Ballymoe FC

Ballymoe FC News update May 16th

Ballymoe FC
Ballymoe FC 4-2 St Johns Athletic

We recorded a 4-2 win over St John’s in a tough encounter played in excellent conditions on Saturday evening in St John’s, Lecarrow. Ballymoe started brightly and were rewarded with a goal after 10 minutes when Ross Timothy coolly slotted home after a good assist from Aidan Brogan. St John’s then started to threaten until the end of the first half with their lively attack, however the sides went in with Ballymoe leading 1 nil at half time. In the second half, once again Ballymoe started brightly and were gifted a goal in the 62nd minute when Daniel Malone raced onto a sloppy back pass and expertly finished to the bottom corner. However, after this, St John’s played their best football of the game and came roaring back to draw level with 2 goals in the space of 5 minutes. The first a good finish after a long kick-out which split the Ballymoe defence while the second was scored from the penalty spot. Ballymoe hadn’t long to wait to regain the lead as within a minute after a scramble in the St. Johns penalty area, James Connaughton blasted home from a yard out. Then in the 80th minute Aidan Brogan capped off a fine individual performance with a goal to secure the win for Ballymoe FC. While not a vintage performance, Ballymoe will be happy to advance to the Premier Division Cup Final after a tough battle against a strong St. John’s side.
Team: Micheal Kenny, Dean Muldoon, Keith Keenan, John Connaughton, James Connaughton, Aidan Brogan, Ross Timothy, Paul Hynes, Daniel Malone, Keith Muldoon, Mark Kilcommins, Jason Tarmey, Adrian Collins, Damien Conboy, Kevin Morgan, David Ward.
Many thanks to all the supporters who turned up to cheer on the team.

Attention next turns to the Roscommon Herald Cup as the lads play Ballinasloe in the semi final of this competition on Thursday next the 19th at 8pm in Shiven. Please come out to support the team as they bid to reach their second final.