Roscommon and District Football League Masters Oscar Traynor Cup

Roscommon and District Football League Round up May 1st

Roscommon and District Football League Masters Oscar Traynor Cup

Vincent Brooks looks back on the weekend’s action from the Roscommon and District Football League and Cup, which saw Ballymoe, Shiven Rovers and Holders Ballinasloe Town qualify for the Semi-Finals.

Ballymoe FC are through to the Semi-Final of the Roscommon and District League Challenge Cup following a hard earned 2 – 1 win over Moore United at Falty Park Moore. Daniel Malone headed Ballymoe ahead with sixty one played following a Mark Kilcommins corner kick. Moore levelled the game with just two minutes of normal time left to play. However Ballymoe struck the winner in injury time when Gregory Grogan set up Keith Muldoon to score.

Division 1 champions Shiven Rovers are also through to the Semi-Final following extra time at Newbridge over Division 2 side Lough Harps. Frank Kilcommins for Shiven and Sean Burke for Lough Harps were the goal scorers in normal time. Shane Harkin added two more for Shiven Rovers in extra time.

Cup Holders Ballinasloe Town beat Skyvalley Rovers 2 – 0 at Ballinasloe. Jordan O’Leary gave Ballinasloe Town a perfect start when he scored in the first minute. The visitors had a player sent off after twenty seven. Jordan O Leary won a penalty kick ten minutes later and Darragh Concannon converted from the penalty spot.

In the Herald Premier Division MD Town beat Ballaghaderreen 4 – 3 at Dunmore. James Maloney scored two and Thomas Gleeson and Ryan Fox one each for the Milltown side. Lee Keenan scored two and Cormack Rushe one for Ballaghaderreen.

Moore United hopes of winning the Premier Division Championship suffered a set back when the were held to a 1 – 1 draw by Ballaghaderreen earlier in the week. Cathal O Sullivan gave Moore a 1 – 0 lead but Gerry Ward got an equaliser in the last minute of the game to win a point for Ballaghaderreen.

In the Norio’s Takeaway Division 1 Glen Celtic beat Loughglynn United 3 – 2 at Glenamaddy. Ryan Mc Hugh scored two for the Glenamaddy side but Shane Jordan and Ross Melvin levelled the game midway through the second half. Peter Thomas Keavney got the winner for Glen Celtic with five minutes left to play.

Brazukas beat Kilkerrin United 2 – 0 earlier in the week. Vando in the first half and Lucas in the second scored the goals.

Ahascragh United received the points from their game against Loughglynn United and they look set for a play off place for promotion.

In Killeen Sports Ground Division 2 Lough Harps beat C P Ajax 6 – 2 at Ballinlough. Sean Moran scored two and Sean Burke one for the winners in the first half. Adrian Cregg David Mc Namara and Sean Burke added three more after the break. David Coyne scored two for the Castleplunket side in the second half.
Afterwards Lough Harps were presented with the Division 2 Championship Cup after winning their division with nine points to spare. The Castleplunket side CP Ajax finished second and were also promoted.
Moore United drew 0 – 0 at home to MD Town.

In the Umbro Masters League St Coman’s beat Glen Celtic 7 -2. The other games were postponed.